Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fasting Journal: Let's Go Ahead and Deliver this Baby!

September 4, 2009

I don't know why I do these fasts anymore. It is just like with pregnancy for so many women. We get pregnant with all that goes with that, have the baby... the labor pains are kickass, the late nights are exhausting and the come back from a pregnant body is no joke.

Then the baby gets bigger and what? We start to forget pregnancy and the early days. As the baby gets older we start feeling the urge to have another baby.

So many of us will get pregnant again, we will even be excited, until we start feeling morning sickness and feel those labor pains and go back to the early days of caring for a little baby.

I have heard women say time and time again: "What in the heck was I thinking? I totally forgot about all of this. All I could think about was getting a new little baby and forgot about how hard it is to start all over."

That is me and fasting. I fast four times a year and at each interval, I am excited about fasting. But then the detox starts. And I say, "Why in the world am I doing this? This is hard!"

That is where I stand this morning. These fasts are where I take away my quarterly crutches so that I can keep my relationship with my Self and Divine balanced, clear and first and foremost in my life.

Soooooo...the tears flow, the emotions rise, the wrong thinking and mindset become very evident to me.

BUT...I am knowing, like every mother knows, that it is all worth it in the end. My baby at the end of the fast is that I am just that much more open spiritually and more on point.

I am becoming more and more clear that the more I keep my consciousness set on things above and not things below, the more that I seek enlightenment, spiritual liberation and self-realization, the happier I am, the less I am moved by the world and I am able to truly maximize my gift called life in the physical plane.

So fasting is worth it. Detoxing is worth it. All of the removal of the crap that keeps me weighted down in the lie that I have told myself for so long...it is so freakin' worth it.

I wish you a great fast. May you see the prize that awaits you in the end in order to stay in this fasting game.

Peace and Love

Tirra-Olufemi

No comments:

Post a Comment