Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Go To The Woods

"If you don't go out in the woods, nothing will ever happen and your life will never begin." ~C. P. Estes

This quote stood out for me today because it reflects a theme for my life.

For so long I have played it safe. I have set goals that were definitely achievable and fail safe.

For so long failure has not been an option because it seems that when we fail we are judged, given an "F" and possibly even disliked.

At least this is a belief that my inner girl adopted a long time ago.

Here lately I have decided to stretch myself beyond my previously believed limits.

I have decided that to play it safe means to miss out on life in some way.

I have decided that life happens in the mystery, the magic, the unknown and that though stability is nice, it can lead to stagnation if I am not careful.

What I have done is gone to the woods. Life is beginning again for me and it is scary, nice and exhilarating all at the same time.

In a way coming into the physical plane of existence is being in the woods. We are here so we may as well maximize our living it while we are here.

Take a chance! You just may succeed after all!

Still in the Woods,

Tirra-Olufemi

No comments:

Post a Comment