Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fasting Journal: I am lazy and a whiner. Is this REALLY the legacy I want to leave?

September 5, 2009

I awoke this morning and prepared to teach my water aerobics class. I was just a huffing and a puffing thinking about having to go and teach class and thinking about all that I have to do. I was getting lost in my thoughts about having to clean the house when I heard: "What is the legacy of your Ancestors?"

I thought about it. Well, many of them had no nicely air conditioned home with running water. They had to walk to where they wanted to go and did so joyfully... unlike me who was getting ready to get in my car and drive to my job.

And the women...housework...what? There is no question. You do it and because that what you do. No need to whine and complain.

DAG! OUCH! OW WOW WOW!

So I realized something about myself that I have known for a while: I am LAZY! I am a WHINER! I miss how blessed I am because this lifestyle is the only reality that I have known.

YIKES! I then shifted my energy, gave thanks for this fast and joyfully went and taught my class.

I have missed the legacy of my Ancestors to a certain extent because of the luxury of modern day conveniences. It is my work ethic that needs addressing in my life.

Can I and do I work hard? Sure. However, I know that I take for granted this easy life that I live. I take for granted that so many of my Ancestors and people around the world have NOTHING compared to my material acquisitions.

I am in a place where I am raising myself out of my numbness to a place where I see the vibrancy of the world and realize that I am called to make a difference in my own way.

I am feeling that there is no way in the world I can allow Those souls who incarnated before me to have done all that they did, whether they did a good job or not, and me not pick up their legacy and run with it.

There is a shift taking place in my consciousness. I feel the energy of the Enlightened Ancestors flowing through my consciousness. It makes me stand taller and feel that much more enlightened.

If it be that we need to transform a legacy of pain. Then let it be so. If it be that we come to pick up the legacy of greatness, then let it be so.

The bottom line is that we need to make a choice. There is a legacy. What are you going to do with it? Those who are down the line from you are looking to you to ease the way for them. They say, "help us to see the legacy more easily. please do what you need to do. That way we live our purpose without getting lost in the lie of the physical world first."

Tirra-Olufemi

www.goddess-body-mind-spirit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment