Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fasting Journal: Don't Fight the Emotions....Get to the Now-Moment

September 6, 2009

I hope that during this fast when you feel the emotions rise that you let them come and then release them. I have been more cry-y lately and am a bit shocked. When I allow myself to be aware, I think, "Oh, something is needing to come out of me." So I get relaxed about the emotions, stop thinking that something is wrong and I release them.

No matter what you feel don't stuff it. Find a way to release it. Do you need to address something awful that your mother said to you? Are you angry because you think your daddy was no good. Are you mad because your child died to soon? Do you have unforgiveness in you because of your spouse?

What in the world are you so mad about? Why are you in despair? Sometimes if we don't ask the question then we just stay where we are. You have to ask the question in order to even get things moving.

But in a fast situation it is not all the time bliss. Sometimes it is a big detox. YOur body hurts. Your mind becomes foggy. Your emotions become amplified.

WHY? Because we decided to step up our game to do the work in order to get to our enlightenment, our buddhahood, our christ consciousness, our nirvana, our hetep.

So be present with it all. It is the now-moment experience that allows us to choose moment by moment how we feel, think and live.

Let the emotions come. It is all good!

Tirra-Olufemi

www.goddess-body-mind-spirit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment