Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Change is good....though not always easy

Today I ponder my new life as an independent fitness instructor.  This has been a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.  I did not know just how much we are energetically connected with the way that we teach. 

I didn't expect people to leave the gym where I previously taught to follow me to my new location.  They found me at the gym so I expected them to stay.  I will say that I have had to work to loose my attachments to the people who took my classes at the gym.  Many say they miss me but never come to my independent class.  I actually have no problem with that but now feel like for the first time that I have to forget all of that.  Life at that gym has to be laid to rest and now I must look toward the horizon to find people who want to take my Zumba classes at my new location.

Also, how I made money as a gym employed instructor is totally different from how I have to approach making money as an independent instructor.  Honestly, I feel so much more creative and excited about the possibilities of where I can teach and how I can teach.

Making the transition from where I was to where I am has not been expected.  I didn't know that my entire consciousness would have to shift in order for me to be successful as an independent instructor. 

So this morning as I think about me facing this new horizon called independent instructor, i.e., business owner, I feel so happy to be free to be more creative and to find new Zumba Fitness friends.  I am thrilled that I get to be the fitness instructor who I always knew myself to be but couldn't blossom fully on a group fitness schedule. 

With that I accept that CHANGE IS GOOD.  It is not always easy but change allows one to know more of who she is. Giving thanks for this new place in my life's journey.

Be Inspired!
Tirra Olufemi Hargrow,
Independent Licensed Zumba Fitness Instructor

No comments:

Post a Comment