Friday, October 30, 2009

THE MIRROR...What do you see? Hope it is all good.

I remember when I was young I was obsessed with looking in the mirror. There was a running discussion at Spelman College, my alma mater, about how much time I stood looking in the mirror.

At the time if they could have heard the dialogue in my head it would have been this:

"I need to make sure that I am perfect. I must stare into this mirror to make sure that I look perfect. I am searching everything about me to make sure that I am perfectly beautiful. I can't leave though I have been standing here for at least 15 minutes. If I stare long enough, maybe I will really believe that I am perfect."

I had a middle school friend call me vanity because I was so consumed by my looks...dag! Me and that darn mirror!

Once I began to study the Ancient Spiritual system called Ifa I learned of the goddess Oshun. She exemplifies BEAUTY! She is beautiful and needs all around her to be beautiful, too.

"Oh yes! That is me! I am so Oshun!" I told myself. What I learned is that a physical object that helps one to connect with the energy of Oshun is the mirror...

Read the rest of the article here:
http://www.goddess-body-mind-spirit.com/the-mirror.html

Looking at the beauty that is YOU,
Tirra-Olufemi
www.goddess-body-mind-spirit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment