Sunday, October 25, 2009

Martyrdom: What is it really? When is it rather toxic?

Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability. ~George Bernard Shaw

I have always enjoyed watching the last part of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's historic last speech. Today as I listened to it I heard:

"He was a true martyr." Then I heard, "True martyrs don't grieve dying for their cause. They have no attachments. This is different from people who live as martyrs for love. Dr. King clearly shows that he knows that he came here to do a specific thing and that his work was done. He was not attached to him ACTUALLY SEEING the end result because he saw it spiritually first."

I will never grieve for true martyrs again. Sometimes we have to die to this physical world for the greater good. I give thanks for the true martyrs of this world.

To all of those who are martyrs with the expectation of sacrificing your dreams, your happiness and peace to get love from others, STOP! You are not doing the world any favors.

Once you see the big picture then you will stand and live. You will give of yourself freely knowing that the ultimate is your fulfilling your destiny within the Greater Divine Plan of Oneness.

Martyrs...yes..I do better understand them today.

~Tirra-Olufemi
www.goddess-body-mind-spirit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment